Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nate + Kara

So, I'm really at a loss at where to begin describing Nate + Kara's wedding... which is weird for me, b/c I'm never at a loss for words! I guess it could be classified as your classic HUGE Giddings wedding, but it was really so much more than that. Yes, there were like 700 people there, and yes, they had 8 attendants each, and yes, 1/2 of the BBQ and beer in Lee County was consumed, but it was really so much more than that. With all the choas going on around them, Nate + Kara were cool and collected. After the ceremony and the formal pictures, we snuck off for a private session. Now, I've known Nate for a long time, and I was amazed at just how happy and butt-crazy in love he and Kara are. It made me wanna run home and kiss my husband!

The reception was gorgeous, and filled with all the fun traditions I know and love. The best, by far, is the Grand March...if you're not from a place that does the Grand March at a wedding, you are sooo missing out. It's basically just a big, crazy game of follow the leader with like a million people, which ends in everyone circling around the bride and groom as they have their first dance, waiting for the perfect opportunity to run up to them and give a big, crazy loud group hug.... wait, now that I describe it, it's actually pretty dang strange... but, still fun! To finish off the night, Nate + Kara left with a bang! Litterally. As the reached their car, a huge fireworks display lit up the night sky. It was a perfect end to an awesome day, and I am so lucky to have been a part of it.


Let's start with a few from the private session:
OH, and leaving comments will make you SUPER DUPER COOL, I promise!

THIS BLOG HATES ME! I don't know why the pictures won't stay up, so you'll have to check the website wedding galleries to view the favorite images. I should be posting them there by the end of the weekend.

No comments: